In order to get an overall picture of your health many doctors will order a round of blood tests. Your blood can show what is going on under the surface and help doctors treat or get ahead of any health issues that are revealed. When your doctor checks your cholesterol levels he will also want to check your triglyceride level for a more complete picture of your health.
What are triglycerides?
Triglycerides are a chemical form of fat particles that are in your blood and are used for energy. Extra calories, alcohol and sugar are converted to triglycerides and then stored in fat cells. When energy is needed; hormones release triglycerides from the fat cells back into the blood stream for the energy your body needs.
Overnight Fasting Triglyceride Values
- Normal less than 150 mg/dl
- Borderline 150-199 mg/dl
- High 200-499 mg/dl
- Very High 500 mg/dl or more
High Triglyceride Levels Increase Your Risk For:
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Attack
- Metabolic Syndrome
What causes high triglyceride levels?
- Cigarette Smoking
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Low Thyroid Hormone Levels
- Kidney Disease
- High Sugar Diet
- High Alcohol Consumption
- Some medications: Tamoxifen, steroids, beta-blockers, diuretics, estrogen, and birth control pills
How can I lower my triglycerides?
There are some lifestyle changes you can make that will help lower your triglycerides. These include:
- Do not smoke.
- Avoid sugary foods
- Reduce or avoid alcohol
- Lose Weight – Stay within a healthy weight range. Use Health Surgeon’s Ideal Body Weight Calculator to discover a health weight range for you.
- Control Blood Pressure if necessary
- Avoid foods that are high in saturated fat, trans-fat and cholesterol (processed foods)
- Exercise regularly. The American heart Association recommends 20 minutes of physical activity 5 or more days per week.
If lifestyle modifications are not working your doctor may prescribe prescription medication. This medication could include fibrates, medication, nicotinic acids, or a cholesterol lowering statin in combination with a fibrate. All medication comes with the risk of some side effects. Please thoroughly discuss your options with your doctor.
Blood tests can give your doctor a behind the scenes look at what is happening in your body. Your blood test results can help you and your doctor be proactive when it comes to taking care of your health. Stopping a health issue early on is generally cheaper and easier.
Need help regulating your hormones? Purium’s Super Life FormulaTM contains a variety of herbs and plant extracts that have been used to normalize hormone levels!
Need to know what that Triglyceride Number means from your blood test? We will explain it in easy to understand terms! #HealthSurgeon
Find out where to buy Purium here, don't fall for these online business traps.
Did You Know?
- 1Looking to make extra money? We have Brand Partner openings on our team.
- 2Vitamins and Minerals in Purium are listed here
- 3You can Protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this.
- 4Purium Health Products are organic and GMO free.
- 5The Biggest Purium Discount is available using our codes.