The U.S. number for digestive issues is staggering. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases 60 to 70 million Americans are affected by digestive issues. And this is just in one country. The United States isn’t the only country with staggering digestive problems. These digestion problems can come in the form of heartburn, bloating, constipation, flatulence, nausea or be more serious like Crohn’s disease, IBS or ulcers.
21.7 million people in the U.S. were hospitalized for digestive issues in 2010.
In 2009 in the U.S. there were 245,921 deaths classified as due to digestive issues. These death number include chronic constipation, gallstones, Colitis, IBS and liver disease.
Causes Of Digestive Issues:
- Genetic Predisposition
- Nutrition – Most digestive disorders are caused by poor nutrition.
- Improper Immune Function
- Out of Balance Colon Bacteria
Healthy Habits To Promote Good Digestion
- Do not overeat. Overeating slows digestion.
- Chew food thoroughly and slowly. Do not rush your meal.
- Increase fiber foods in your diet, whole grains, fruits and veggies.
- Eat some protein at every meal. Protein helps activate digestive juices.
- Cooked foods are easier to digest than raw foods. This can ease digestion.
- Avoid greasy fried foods.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently.
- Identify and eliminate foods that are specifically sensitive to you.
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar to your diet.
- Avoid carbonated beverages.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and sugary drinks.
- Drink water, lots of water.
- Drinking warm beverages with meals.
- Drink raw vegetable juice. Juices are easier on your digestion.
- Include probiotics in your diet from things like yogurt.
- Eat good fats from salmon and flaxseed.
- Take a multi-vitamin.
- Add digestive enzymes to your meals.
- Increase your level of exercise. Exercise increases the movement within your bowels.
- The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity.
Your body operates at it’s best when your digestion is operating effectively. If you are having digestive issues try some of the above suggestions.
Digestive problems can be a sign of a larger health issue. Reach out to your health care provider if you are having digestion trouble that is not resolving.
Gastric reflux? Upset stomach? Gas ache? Everyone needs a little extra digestion and immune support. Aloe Vera is truly one of nature’s best aid. Rich with polysaccharides and based in organic coconut water, Purium‘s Organic Aloe Digest is the perfect support for at any time of the day!
Digestion Distress??? Healthy Habits To Promote Good Digestion #