Garlic has a strong smell and that is due to its sulphuric components and that is why that after eating garlic you end up with a strong breath. But garlic has many health benefits as it can help to bring down high cholesterol levels and lower high blood pressure and that is why garlic has been used for over 4500 years.
Cholesterol is a type of fat and when the levels get high the risks of suffering a heart attack or stroke are high; you can lower down the cholesterol levels by reducing fatty foods and by doing exercise but studies show that eating garlic regularly helps to reduce high cholesterol levels as well.
Garlic has also found to be used as medicine to lower high blood pressure and there are many other health benefits of garlic.
Garlic Health Benefits:
- Garlic has antiseptic properties therefore is can be used to prevent infections
- Garlic is hypotensive this is why it can lower down high blood pressure
- Garlic can create appetite
- Garlic can help hair loss due to its minerals content
- Garlic reduces cholesterol
- Garlic juice can be used on colds to dissolve store mucus and help to bring back the respiratory tract
- Garlic has aphrodisiacal properties can be used to treat many sexual problems
- Garlic can be used to treat athletes foot by applying garlic directly to the feet
Garlic has been used in India for centuries has an ayurvedic medicine and you can see why. In India garlic is used in almost every food dish and many families eat raw garlic in the morning and brush their teeth afterwards, they do that because garlic kills all the bad bacteria stored in the mouth.
Garlic has antiseptic properties therefore there are no negative side effects of eating garlic plus studies show that e-coli bacteria can be treated by garlic therefore garlic is really good to treat food poisoning.